PALI CLASS PROGRAMME FOR THE YEAR 2013 (GLOBAL VIPASSANA PAGODA, MUMBAI)
8 MONTHS NON- RESIDENTIAL COURSE (1st February to 30th September 2013)
Issue of application forms and submission: At VRI Office, Global Vipassana Pagoda, between 1st and 20th January 2013
Students’ application status will be made known by 29th January 2013.
Commencement of course: 1st February 2013 onwards (Timings: ONCE A WEEK, 11 am to 5 pm)
Eligibility criteria: 12th passing certificate is required.(During the 8-months period of the Pali programme, one 10-days meditation course is compulsory, for those who have not done a 10-day Vipassana course earlier.)
Course syllabus will include:
• Learning of Pali grammar.
• Historical aspect of Pali literature.
• Buddha’s teachings through selected Suttas.
• Explanation of Pali terminology and summary of morning chantings and discourses that appear in 10-days Vipassana course.
• Practical application of Vipassana theory in various aspects of life.
• Study of ancient inscriptions in Brahmi.
• Introduction to Research Methodology, etc.
Medium of Instruction:
For any queries and contact details, please see contact details below.
Download Application Form: English | Devanagari
RESIDENTIAL COURSES FOR THE YEAR 2013
Vipassana Research Institute, Global Vipassana Pagoda, Mumbai
The VRI Pali programme has moved to the Global Vipassana Pagoda campus, Mumbai from its earlier venue at VRI Igatpuri. Travel guidance for reaching to Global Vipassana Pagoda site is available by clicking here.
List of Courses:
1. 30 Days Basic Pali-Marathi: 1st January to 31st January 2013
2. 30 Days Advanced Pali- Hindi (only for those who have previously completed the one 1-month Basic Pali Course at VRI): 1st May to 31st May 2013
3. 90 Days Intensive Pali-English: 1st July to 30th September 2013
Students must try to arrive before 5 p.m. on the beginning day of the course. They can make their return travel plans for after lunch on the closing day.
1. Applicant must have completed three 10 day Vipassana courses and one Satipatthana course.
2. One year regular practice of two hours at home daily.
3. Observation of five precepts since last one year.
4. Minimum 12th standard (passing certificate is required).
5. Two passport size photographs.
The application can be sent by emailing the scanned copy of the application forms to the address given below.
The Download links are:
• 90 Days Intensive Pali-English Course Description
• Application Form: English | Devanagari
• AT Recommendation Form: English | Devanagari
Note: Students applying For the Pali- Hindi and Pali-Marathi courses can use either English or Devanagari forms for submission.
Last date for submission of forms:
1. 30 Days Pali-Marathi: 15th December 2012
2. 30 Days Pali- Hindi: 1st April 2013
3. 90 Days Pali-English: 15th May 2013
The Recommendation by Area Teacher / Senior Assistant Teacher is a must.
For queries & sending application forms by email please contact:
Dr (Mrs) Sharda Sanghvi
Tel.: (+91) 9223462805
(+91) 22 23095413
Postal address for sending application forms:
Vipassana Research Institute (VRI)
Global Vipassana Pagoda
Next to Esselworld, Gorai Village,
Borivali (West), Mumbai 400091,
Tel.: (+91) 22 33747560 (10 AM to 6 PM only)
Mrs. Baljit Lamba: (+91) 9833518979
Mrs. Alka Vengurlekar: (+91) 9820583440