Vipassana research Institute (hereinafter referred as VRI) offers this website along with the products and services contained herein to the users (the term users include registered as well as unregistered users), subject to users' acceptance of all the terms, conditions and policies. By visiting and/ or purchasing any product or availing services from this website, users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions (“Terms”) mentioned herein as well as elsewhere in this website, as applicable.
Any new feature(s) or product(s) added to this website in future shall also be subject to these Terms. VRI, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change these Terms, including any part thereof, by updating this website. Users are advised to check this page periodically for the changes.
General Terms & Conditions:
- VRI is not responsible if the information made available on this website is not accurate, complete or current. The content on this website is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon, or used as the sole basis for making decisions. Any reliance on the content on this website is at user’s own risk.
- This website may contain certain historical information, which, necessarily, is not current and is provided only for the reference of users.
- In some parts of the website, VRI has provided content from other sources and has mentioned the origin, wherever available, to the best of its knowledge and ability. In case of any issues regarding the origin, VRI does not assume any responsibility for the content, except for the quoted source.
- VRI, without an obligation to update any information on this website, reserves the right to modify the contents of this website at any time. VRI has no obligation to provide a notification of these changes to the users. Users are responsible to monitor the changes on this website.
- VRI does not guarantee, represent or warrant that use of the website by user(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- VRI reserves the right to send newsletter/or any other material to the user using email address. At any time, the user will be able to unsubscribe from the subscriber's list using the link provided within the email received.
- In reponse to the request(s) received from the applicant(s) regarding registration, through any of the communication mode, VRI, through one of its service provider(s), may send the appropriate response(s) via sms.
- Product(s) sold by VRI are for the personal use only. Any unauthorized distribution of this product(s) including sharing on social media is strictly prohibited
- VRI reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue the product(s) and/or other service(s) (fully or partially) at any time without any notice.
- Prices for the product(s) or other service(s) are subject to change at any time without any notice.
- VRI shall not be liable to the users or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the products and/or services, fully or partially.
- VRI has no obligation to provide notification(s) of the changes related to product(s) and/or service(s) including prices and descriptions thereof to the users. Users are responsible to monitor the required changes.
- Certain products may be available exclusively online through the website. These products may be available in limited quantities and are not subject to a returns policy. If user(s) experience any issues while receiving the ordered products, user(s) may contact VRI in solving the issue.
- VRI has made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of the products that appear at the store. However, VRI does not guarantee display of colour in the devices used by the users will be accurate. Further, please note that during physical delivery or online download, colour/image, cover page and/or other attributes of the product may vary from the one displayed in the store. Editions of physical books may be different than their pdf or e-book versions.
- Without any obligation, VRI reserves the right, to limit the sales of its product(s)/service(s) to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. VRI may exercise this right on a case-to-case basis. VRI reserve the right to limit the quantities of any product(s)/service(s) offered by it or displayed on this website. VRI, at its sole discretion and without any notice, may modify/remove description(s) of the product(s)/service(s), fully or partially. VRI reserves the right to discontinue any product at any time and thereupon any offer for such product(s)/service(s) shall be considered as void.
- VRI does not warrant that the quality of any product(s)/service(s), content, or other material purchased or obtained by the user(s) will meet users' expectations, or that any errors in the products/service will be corrected.
- Occasionally there may be information on the website which contains typographical error(s), inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to the product description(s), shipping charges, pricing, transit time and quantity. VRI reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any such information is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after user have submitted the order).
- On completion of purchase (the term ‘purchase’ includes actual credit of the correct amount of the product in VRI’s account), an email will be sent to the user containing link to down load the product. Validity of the said link will be for the 30 days, inclusive of the day of purchase.
- Shipping and returns of the products will be governed by the shipping and returns policy.
- All the payments including purchases and donations will be governed by the following terms and conditions:
- All the payments will be accepted only in Indian currency. Any currency convertor provided in this website, for the convenience of users, shall be treated as for indicatory use only. It shall not be relied on as an accurate, real time currency convertor. Any reliance on the currency convertor provided on this website is at user’s own risk. VRI shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss arising out of such currency conversions.
- VRI reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions related to payment at any time.
- Payment Terms and Conditions are governed by Indian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian courts.
- On confirming to proceed with the payment, user authorizes payment services provider(s) to request funds from his/her credit or debit card provider or bank account. When the user submits his/her payment details, these details will be transferred to VRI’s payment services provider(s), and user’s payment data will be collected and processed by them. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the users shall also be bound by the terms and conditions of their respective Bank and/or payment gateway service provider while making payment. Users are requested to read terms and conditions of VRI’s payment service provider(s) and their respective banks.
- In the case of any technical or network failure including breakdown of machinery, disruption of network or any other reason in accessing the VRI Website and or user’s bank website, VRI, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cease accepting payments from the user(s), in any manner as it may deem fit and necessary. In addition, VRI shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event of any fault, failure, malfunction or disruption while processing payment through payment service provider(s) or through the bank website and/or in the internet, network services /system failure, due to technical, technological restrictions. VRI shall not be responsible in the event payments are not processed and /or received due to any technical error of any nature whatsoever.
- Receipt of purchase or donation will be generated and sent to the user via email.
- Any person above the age of eighteen (18) years can make donations to VRI in Indian currency.
- Users must provide VRI their name, address, contact number and email address before making donation. VRI will use this information to process users’ donation. It is users’ responsibility to provide correct information to VRI.
- Donations cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- Donation to VRI does not entitle the users to any goods, services, positions at VRI or any other consideration.
- Unless purpose of donation is specified by the user, VRI will use donation received through this website at its discretion but within its stated charitable objectives.
- Donation to VRI is eligible for tax deduction benefits under Section 35 (1) (iii) of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961 if the Donor (s) is above the age of eighteen (18) years and a resident of India (as per the Income Tax Act, 1961).